The Queensland Government’s ‘Business Basics’ grants program is back!
Applications for the next round of the Business Basics Grants Program are opening later this month.
The program provides support to businesses to increase core skills and adopt best practices. You may be eligible for a single up-front fixed grant payment of $5,000 (excluding GST).
If you believe your business is eligible and would like to discuss these grant opportunities in more detail, MWM Advisory is here to help. We can assist you to understand the program and access the appropriate your financial documentation.
What will be funded?
This support includes funded activities in 5 priorities:
- Training and Coaching
- Business development, marketing, human resources or business planning topics
- Training or coaching of up to 4 months in duration
- Website Build and Upgrades
- Website build or upgrade (including website refresh)
- Adding e-commerce
- Developing new website content
- Professional Business Advice
- Business plans
- Strategic Marketing Services
- Strategic marketing plans including search engine optimisation advice
- Business Continuity and Succession
- Business continuity and succession plans
- Cybersafety training and tools
What Funding is Available?
A single up-front fixed grant payment of $5,000 (excluding GST).
They will not fund activities with either:
A total cost of less than $5,000 (excluding GST).
Payments made before the approval date (you must be approved before you pay for grant-funded activities).
Important Key Facts
To be eligible to apply for this grant, the business must:
- Not have been approved for funding under Round 1, 2 or 3 of the Business Basics grants program
- Have fewer than 20 employees (by headcount)
- Have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- Have a Queensland headquarters
- Have a turnover of less than $300,000 in the last financial year (2021 – 22)
- Not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
- Your business must also maintain this eligibility for the duration of the grant funded activity.
How Do You Apply?
Registrations of Interest (ROIs) open at 9am on Thursday, 24 November 2022 and close at 11.59pm, Monday 5 December 2022.
ROIs are not time sensitive and registrations can be completed anytime while the stage is open.
Not all registrations will be invited to submit a full application. You will not be able to appeal if your registration is not selected to move to Stage 2 – Full application.
This grant program is competitively assessed. Not all applications will be funded.
Stage 1 – Small businesses can register interest in the grant program by completing a simple online form that collects basic business information.
Stage 2 – Several businesses will be selected through a ballot process and invited to complete a full application. All valid registrations of interest will have an equal opportunity of being selected. All businesses that have registered will be informed of the outcome of this stage.
Stage 1 – Registration of Interest: 9am, Thursday 24 November 2022.
Stage 2 – Full application (open to selected registration of interests only): To be announced.
Check your eligibility to find out if your business can apply for the program: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/business-basics-grant#eligibility
MWM Advisory Services
If you would like assistance with this application process , we would encourage you to get in touch with us as soon as possible.
Any questions? Give us a call on 07 5596 9070.
To check out the schedule for what other Small Business and Training Administer Grants and Programs are available to help Queensland small businesses to continue to recover, grow and thrive go here: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/schedule